Saturday, May 24, 2008

Where I will be...

This is where my husband spent his summers growing up. Where he and his family find peace and solitude amongst their busy lives. The cabin built by his parents,little by little through the years by their own hands. The view that is only part of the experience, mixed with the sounds of birds and crickets. Of the waves gently lapping the rocky shore while the breeze brings a brisk and welcome chill. Where the busy hum of technology and commitments are left on the mainland, scarcely remembered. Where the wave of a neighbor is welcomed with delight, because you know they feel the same about the place as you. Where every sunset makes you swear you have never seen anything more beautiful, until the next one. This is the place that makes every unbearable moment in life bearable, because you know you can return. This is Cow Island. See you all on Tuesday.



Don't forget to leave a comment on the giveaway post by Monday night. Make sure you check back Tuesday for winners and a chance for a little something special. Thanks so much for all your comments and kindness. Have a great Memorial Day!

11 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What an idyllic setting! Have a relaxing and restorative weekend.

Tamar said...

Hi Stacy,

I've been woefully behind on my email and commenting, so I wanted to pop in and say that I've been reading along on all your wonderful adventures and heartfelt posts - I am so glad that your trip home ended up being so meaningful and healing, and as for your piecework - WOW!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Tamar

Chocolate Cat said...

This place looks heavenly. Good for the soul. Enjoy!

Tipper said...

What a beautiful place and how lucky are you! Hope you have a great time.

Sarah B. said...

Oh my gosh, how serene and fabulous. I hope your trip is beautiful and you soak up that relaxation! Always love your blog!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

What an amazing place. It looks like such a haven. I hope you are having a fabulous time.

Drewzel said...

Oooh, wish I was there too! xx

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh My Gosh Where is cow island? It is so beautiful! I am so so jealous. It looks simply wonderful. There really is no place in Utah you could have a cabin like that at all. Growing up in the east there are tons of places you could do that but not here! I miss that. Oh wow. What a fabulous wonderful place.

Anonymous said...

what wonderful peaceful photos they are! Thanks for the comments about Life On Mars!! So nice to find another kindred spirit in terms of that show! I MISS IT I must buy the DVDs. You have encouraged me to give Ashes to Ashes a go even though John Simm is not in it (weep weep)!!

azsmith said...

Awesome, wish I could have been there!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous, tranquil spot! where is Cow Island???