I finished A-6: Uncle Homer, for my dear Jane quilt. The seams aren't perfect but not bad. I really like the color pattern. Soon I need to try to figure out how I will organize it color wise but for now I am just trying to finish the blocks we are doing in the group.
I also finished A-7: Dad's Plaids I am not happy with it though. This one was tough for me which is scary since I think it is still one of the easy one lol. When I shrunk the image the grain lines really showed up in the white fabric. I didn't have enough fabric for the whole thing in the flowers so I used 3 fabrics. I don't mind it but think I maybe should have stuck with just 2. The real problem though, is the size. I thought I did the measurements right but I think it is too big. The ruler here is 4 1/4. Hmm, maybe its not too bad but the seam allowance will be really close to the edge of the melons. I think I am going to redo this one. It will be my first redo and I am brand new to applique so its ok. (notice the pep talk I keep giving myself) So Jane, wish me luck. Have a good day all!