Saturday, March 29, 2008

Jumblethon


I finally finished B-3 Mirror image, take a gander of this...As I was putting the pieces together, I thought there was no way it would fit right but somehow it did. It is machine pieced...tricky on those curves. It's the best I can do for now. I may have appliqued this one if I had known but I am glad I tried a new technique.
Remember that crazy potato parchment bowl Tessa gave us for a late Christmas present? The one that is so fragile it will crack if you walk past it so fast? We finally exchanged it. It arrived in 12 hours, no joke. Sometimes we get mail so fast here in Boston. Doug decided I should have something nice. I rarely wear jewelry; Doug didn't even know I liked it. Mostly the stuff I like is hard to get and I always think I need something else more. Tessa loves trees and this reminds us of her...I Love it. Thanks Tessie!Just a quick one tonight. I am almost done with the next Baby Jane block and will post that as soon as I finish. Whoa! I just realized that I am quite freckly. My mumsy always said I was kissed by the sun. Well the sun must have made out with me for hours to give me these freckles! What can ya do? Have a great night all!

6 comments:

Anina said...

I think that DJ block looks great.

Vickie said...

Great job with the block!
Love, Vickie

azsmith said...

The block looks great, can't wait for you to teach me how to do it. Also love the necklace. Any signs of spring yet?

Barbara said...

Hi, Stacy - your blog is so pretty! Can't wait to look through it more. That block is amazing. Curved seams? Wow!

Tipper said...

Wow your block looks so complicated,good, and neat. Reminds my of the middle school math my girls have been doing with graphs and figures sliding into different quadrants. I bet you could have helped us with no problem!

Anonymous said...

I love the round quilt square! I can't even sew a round collar straight! Hah!

And the necklace is beautiful, perfect for dressing up or down. I need more jewelry!